Please see the GIF at the bottom of this page for a walk-through on creating a report.
Note: Once you have saved your report (Save As), any further changes you make to the report will need to be saved if you want to apply them permanently.
To Create and Customise an Assurance Report:
1. Click the Reports tab.
2. You will find a list of 'Built In Reports' in the right hand column which serve as your starting point depending on what you wish to report on (i.e. checklists, registers/forms, risks etc.).
3. Click the magnifying glass next to 'Filter Built in Reports' to filter the list of available reports. These reports act as a starting point for you to build on.
4. Once you have selected the relevant Built In Report, you can start applying filters to add data parameters to your desired report. The filter button is the magnifying glass.
Importantly, you will need to first tell the report what data to pull. In the video below we have used the filter 'Register and Form Template = CS Form' So it will only look at CS Form data.
5. Some reports will have 'Summary & Charts' which will allow you to produce summary tables and charts. You can expand this section and tailor the summary and charts by selecting the check box on Summary and/or Trend Chart and select from the list of options.
Please Note: The summary and charts use the Created At date field, so it may be ideal to filter your reports by Created At so that the charts match the detail in the report. Additional required date fields can be added into the body of the report.
6. The 'Report Format' section of the screen allows you to pick and choose which fields to include in your report as well as to Sort & Group in the right column, which will allow you to customise how the report is organised. Simply type into the white space and click on the fields to add any of these to your report. You can drag and drop fields to the appropriate position as well.
7. Group data into sections with headings, by clicking the text 'Group ?'
See the below examples: The first image grouping is not activated, in the second image grouping is activated.
8. Select the arrow icon to sort the data by ascending or descending order. For example if the arrow next to 'Created At' is pointing up, then the dates will be ordered in ascending order.
Note: The 'Report Settings' section allows you to change several settings including paper size, font size, ruled PDF report, new page for each group and repeat other values with table.
9. Click 'Preview and Resize' to adjust the column width for different fields being reported on and to view the first 10 rows of the report.
10. Once satisfied with the configuration of your report, click 'Save As' to name and save the report as a Custom Report which will save all the parameters you've set and place the report in your Custom Reports column. You may also Bookmark the report which will add the report to your Bookmarked Reports column as well as your Bookmarks Snapshot on your homepage for quick access.
Note: You can bookmark a report from within the report or from the main Reports screen.
Main Reports screen
Select the tag button in your Custom Reports list (middle column) to move the report to the Bookmarked reports section on the far left. Select the button again to remove it from bookmarked reports.
11. The 'Export' button will allow you to generate your report in a PDF or Spreadsheet (CSV) format. Select the arrow next to 'Export' to show the Spreadsheet option.
12. If you want to share the report with other users, click the arrow next to Report Share Settings.
13. Click the circle next to Selected Users and type the full user's name in the space provided.
Please note: You can only share the report with full users.
14. Select the blue tick once you've selected the user's name.
See the below GIF for a walk-through on creating a report: