The Entity and Contact Role gives a user Access Rights to Entities and Contacts. This role is made up of Access Rights and Entity Categories that they relate to.
In this article, you will learn about:
- Exceptions to Entity and Contact Access Rights
- Entity and Contact Access Rights
- Creating Entity and Contact Roles
Exceptions to Entity and Contact Access Rights
While Entity and Contact Roles give a user Access Rights to Entities and Contacts, there are some exceptions where users can get access to Entity and Contact information without Access Rights. They are:
- Users will be able to see all Entities and Contacts in the Entity Name Field and the Entity Contact Person field on a Form.
- Users will be able to see Entities and Contacts on Lookup Fields even if they do not have Access Rights to see them.
- Users can also see Entity Cards, but will not be able to view the full Entity or Contact Record.
- Users with Forms and Registers Access Rights will see the Credentials on the Credentials tab of the Form without Entity and Contact Access Rights. However, they will be unable to download Credential Evidence.
Entity and Contact Access Rights Explained
|Read||Read||User can Read Entities & Contacts in the selected Entity categories.|
|Update||Read, Update||User can Update Entities & Contacts in the selected Entity categories.|
|Create||Read, Update, Create||User can Create Entities & Contacts in the selected Entity categories.|
|Retire||Read, Update, Retire||User can Retire Entities & Contacts in the selected Entity categories.|
Creating Entity and Contact Roles
- To create a new Access Role, navigate to Access Rights then All Roles then select on the + New Role button.
- In Role Type select Entities and Contacts.
- In Role Name give the Role a descriptive name so that the Role is easily identifiable. For example: Manage - Volunteers.
- In Rights select Read, Update, Create and Retire as required.
- You can restrict the Role to particular Entity Categories by selecting on Select Entity Categories and selecting the Categories to which the role applies. Select Save to create the new Role.