We have compiled a list of best practice approaches to completing learning and reporting in CompliLearn which takes into consideration our new interactive course format.
- Completing learning in one session
- It is recommended you complete any Learning in CompliLearn in one session. Try to find time with limited distraction. This is advised for the following reasons:
- If you were reading the information in the middle or part of a section and then exit, you will be forced to commence your reading from the beginning of the section.
- Your progress being saved is also dependent on remembering to select 'EXIT Course' or the 'x' exit button in CompliLearn when you need to exit the course. If you simply leave your browser idle for too long, go to do something else, move your device or even shut down your browser or device before selecting Exit Course, it creates a risk that that your progress will not be saved.
- In the event that your course progress may not be saving correctly, please read the Go1 troubleshooting errors in portals and course guide and complete the steps, so that Go1 can diagnose the error and resolve it.
- Understanding the status of your learners
It is important to understand the status of your learners progress in the courses or interactives that they have been assigned. In the rare event CompliSpace need to update the content in your course, the learners who are 'enrolled' already will continue to complete the original or old version of the course. The learners who have not clicked 'Start' (still in Assigned status) will instead receive the latest or newest version of the course.
In this event, it is best to request a deletion of the assignments in 'Not Started' and 'In Progress' status and re-assign the learning to these people so staff are accessing the latest version of the course.
- Assigned: Not Enrolled
- Not Started: Enrolled
- In Progress: Enrolled
- Completed: Enrolled
- The new Interactive Course format
- Instead of delivering Learning in a Course, CompliSpace now publishes our Learning Content in one interactive file, called a SCORM file. This change means that learners do not have to select 'mark as complete' after they finish each section, and also allow you to use our interactives to build your own custom Courses.
- However, please bear in mind that the learner will still need to scroll through the entire section before moving onto the next module. From time to time we also see that staff forget to click 'submit' on their final answer before moving to the next module.
This interactive content format also allows for ease of reporting, as CompliLearn Content Administrators no longer need to filter their reports as much to find the ultimate overall status of the learning. Previously, an Administrator might search for the title of the course and five separate lines of results would appear for one learner, showing engagement with the Course, Module and Learning Item.
- Some useful reporting filters for this particular learning format when reporting directly from the 'Enrolments' section are:
- Title = Search by the exact title or 'contains phrase' e.g. Child Safe Program (NSW, 2023) or Child Safe Program, respectfully.
- Parent = Not exists (the interactive course does not live inside a course, so it has no "parent")
- Type = Interactive
- To report directly on the Course: Go to the 'Explore' menu, find the content, select the three dots on the content and select Settings. Go to, Result.