If you have an Operoo or TASS integration that has been connected with PlanCheckGo, your classes/subjects/co-curricular groups and the students who form part of those groups will be syncing through to PlanCheckGo.
Sometimes new groups are added or older ones removed and previously, you needed to let us know in these instances so we could update your groups on your behalf. Now we have provided the same access to school administrators to update your own groups so you can take control and update your groups at a time most convenient to you. This also negates the need to communicate with us which year levels match with each subject or class.
Where do I need to go to update my Operoo or TASS groups?
Your SafeTripBuilder site is now the hub for new administrator level features that filter through to your PlanCheckGo site. As an administrator, you should have a gear wheel in the top right-hand corner of your SafeTripBuilder site and the Student Management features are found once you select this button.
1) Select the Gear Wheel
2) Select 'Student Management'
3) On the left you will see the area where you can select the 'Refresh Groups' button. Select the button if you have added or removed groups
Sync the groups to the correct drop-down field in PlanCheckGo
4) Select the relevant information in the column corresponding to the group, to set the group up as a year level, class, subject or co-curricular group.
In most cases you only need to enter information into one column, unless it is a subject where you will be entering information into the 'Parent' column, as well as ticking the 'Subject' box.
The below table describes what the columns in SafeTripBuilder group mapping are used for:
|Group||School Type||Parent||Subject Group||Custom Group|
|This column captures every individual group you have set-up in your student management system||This column captures the 'School Type' which is the same as the 'School' field in PCG. It is the school section, e.g. Senior or Junior||This column is used for subjects and classes. The data you are entering here is the year level that matches the class or subject identified in each row.||Once you have filled out the Parent field, if this Group will be a subject, tick this box so the group appears in the subject drop-down in PCG.||If your Group is a Co-curricular group, you only need to tick this box for the Group to appear in the Co-Curricular drop-down in PCG.|
There is an explanation section in this video - from 2:19 is the process itself.
Make sure you select SAVE on the far right once you have done so, for your changes to stick.
The information in this article is only relevant when you have made changes to your group structure or need groups added or removed. When student membership is adjusted (students added, removed or moved between groups), it is not necessary to follow the above process because this information will automatically sync through to your groups when you create a new proposal and select these groups.
Please get in touch with our Service Desk if you have any difficulties with the above process.
A few things to note when creating your groups in your student management system (Operoo or TASS) and long term maintenance of groups using SafeTripBuilder:
- For TASS customers, we can't read the menu/tab for groups that are set up as Co-Curricular. These groups will need to be created in TASS as subject groups, but we can then link them to the Co-Curricular field in PlanCheckGo.
- Please note that each group can only appear once in the PlanCheckGo drop-downs
In STB/PCG we reference Operoo/TASS groups by group IDs. This is particularly useful going into a new school year:
If the existing ’Year 7’ group (let’s say its group ID is ‘123’) becomes ‘Year 8’, then the new ‘Year 7’ will most likely have a new group ID (let’s say ‘124’).
When you pull that new ‘Year 7’ (ID ‘124’) into STB/PCG, it will be treated as a new group and will need to be synced into the appropriate drop-down field in PCG from STB.
- For the groups that have had a name change, you should see this appear without intervention in PlanCheckGo, but it could take a little time. If it isn't appearing and you need it to change quickly, the groups should be re-synced.
- If a group changes structure and sits under a different parent (which is treated as the "year" field in PlanCheckGo), it will need to be re-synced in SafeTripBuilder to appear correctly in PlanCheckGo.
- If you will often need to pull through a whole year level of students, consider making an additional group for this purpose, so you don't have to add in every class for the specific year level when creating a proposal. Your existing year level groups are required to be added as the 'Parent' (Year) in the mandatory drop-down field, so that classes/subjects can be selected from that year level in the proposal. Students cannot be selected from the 'Year' field itself.
- For the above, we recommend groups named similarly to 'All Year 6' as they can either:
- Be part of the hierarchy under 'Year 6'. ‘Year 6’ will be in the Year field and then 'All Year 6' can be pulled from the Class drop-down
- Be part of the Co-Curricular drop-down and not reliant on any other fields
In this example below, I won't be able to pull a full class list from the '10 (All Year 10)' field, because it is added to the 'Year' drop-down and at this point the 'Select Students' button is not activated. I would be able to pull that class list if '10 (All Year 10)' was in the 'Class' drop-down and 'Year 10' in the Year drop-down.