As a Business Unit Manager, you can create and manage users within the parameters of the business units and roles you have been given.
From the images below, we can see that this Business Unit Manager can assign the following roles to people within the 'Claudia School' business unit:
See the above video or read the below instructions which demonstrate how a Business Unit Manager can create and add roles to the profiles of people within the business unit/s they manage.
The steps are as follows:
- Access the Administration section (gear wheel)
- Go to the Users section
- Select + New User
- Select Full or Lite user and fill out the mandatory fields
- Create the user
- Go to the 'Rights' tab and select the 'Add Roles' icon. You can select 'Add User Profile' here instead if you have a pre-created profile. Click here for more information on how to assign a User Profile and here for how to Edit a User Profile.
Note: If the User is already set-up with Rights linked:
1. Go to the User and select the Rights tab
2. Select the + Add Roles button
To add a Role
1. Choose the Role Type from the drop-down menu. Click the blue plus symbol and it will be added to the 'Selected Roles' cell. Click the Add Roles button at the bottom when you are finished.
2. Contact us if the role or profile you require is not in the list
3. Send a welcome email (via Tools on the profile) if you do not have Single Sign-On
Please contact our Service Desk if you cannot assign a role and we can check and set up the following:
- Do we need to add a role to the Business Unit Manager profile, so on-going the Business Unit Manager can assign those roles to people in the business units they manage
- Do we need to create a whole new role first
Please contact us if you are about to go Live with a new tool in Assurance, as we can pre-emptively create a new role for that new tool and assign it to the Business Unit Manager profile.
See this article for how a Business Unit Manager is set up in Assurance.