As a Full User in Assurance, you may be required to approve Forms on a Register in a workflow from time to time. You could be approving a Form submitted through a Public Link, approving through to the next stage, or approving the Form before it can be closed off.
There is also an option to reject the Form at each stage of the workflow. Note: if a Public Link Form is rejected in the first stage, its status changes to 'Rejected' and it is automatically closed off. This automatic closure only occurs when the rejected Form is submitted through the Public Link. The first Approver is the only User with the opportunity to do this.
In this article, you will learn about:
Approving Forms on a Register
1) Navigate to the Form on the email notification you were sent, or login to Assurance and select the Form that requires approving from your To Do List.
2) This will take you to the Form's Details screen, where you can review the submitted details in the record. Select Approve or Reject under Your Approval on the right-hand side of the screen, once the required field are completed.
If you reject the Form, you will be required to provide a reason. Select the Confirm button once you have typed in a note. The Form will no longer show up on the Register as Open, but can be found using the Status: Closed filter.
3) If approved, the Form will travel through the workflow that has set up. There may additional requirements for example, more than one person to approve in your stage, in order for the Form to move stages.
If you are not sure of the workflow, you can view it here.
- If there is an automatic submission for approval, you will not need to manually submit the form for approval into the next stage - just follow the prompts.
- If there is the requirement to submit for approval into the next stage, follow the steps in this article.
- There may be a new stage but no approvers in that stage with a 'No approval required' rule. In this case, if it is your responsibility you can close the form when ready, or someone else with full access to the register can close the Form.
There is also an option to send the Form back to the submitter, if there is insufficient information for you to approve the Form. Note: The Form must be submitted through a Public Link for this feature to be available.